About Me

I'm tall and sometimes blonde and outrageous. My steps are deliberate and everything I do is working towards an end goal. Living without a dream is pointless to me: and my dreams are endless. I've got a thousand back up plans and have no qualms about pursuing any of them.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Moving In & First Shift

We packed the van on Friday, and I slept very uncomfortably in my sister's bed my last night at home. All five of us will be home again this Friday night, and I'm not sure where we're going to sleep!

Saturday morning I got up very early and went to write my last exam. It was easy - 16 minutes it took me, and then I hung around and waited for Jackie because I missed her. We got to chat, and she gave me a ride home. I tidied some things in my room, then settled in on the couch to wait for Grandma to pick me up and take me to the train station.

I read a whole book on the way here, plus had time to play on the Internet. Traveling sucks.

I got here, got on the subway and then a bus, and made it to my apartment. Mom and Dad had left around the same time I did and managed to get some time in the hot tub in at their hotel before coming to unpack the van. Frankie also had a good trip up, settled nicely on the cooler between Mom and Dad's seats.

We dragged everything down the six steps to my lovely basement, unpacked the majority of my belongings, and then went grocery shopping. 150 dollars later, I will hopefully not have to purchase food for a very long time! I'm already broke, and I have expenses and it sucks. BUT, I should break even around July, it will just be tight until then. I'm currently sitting on my bed, all alone in the big city. I need to make some friends!

Mom drove me to my first shift yesterday morning. I was expecting to hate all of the 15 year olds I was going to be working with, but I found myself a little pocket of 19/20 year olds and we chatted all day. The managers are my age, ish, and they love me. I'm an expert, apparently.

I'm one of four girls in my area, Expo. The rest of the team, almost 30 people, is male. Who knows why that happened. The area is rather large, but it's separated into six smaller areas. It's a very crowded area, there's an awful popcorn cart, and hills where people apparently have sex a lot. It's curious.

I'm excited. I like my apartment. I like the people I'm working with. Even Wonderland, for all that it's not, isn't too bad.

Home on Thursday afternoon/Friday for celebrations and Spark Day Camp. Then I work 2-9 on Saturday, and then I work 530-11 on the 30th. Long stretches in between.

C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment