About Me

I'm tall and sometimes blonde and outrageous. My steps are deliberate and everything I do is working towards an end goal. Living without a dream is pointless to me: and my dreams are endless. I've got a thousand back up plans and have no qualms about pursuing any of them.

Friday, April 30, 2010

First Real Shift

I'm writing this a week late, and my second shift is tonight, so I figured I should post before shift #2 (which starts at 5pm tonight!).

So I head in for my first shift, take a different bus than normal to get there, kill some time at Wendy's. I trot myself across the parking lot and head for work. The parking lot is half full of cars, which is astounding. I didn't know the park was open! I headed to my area, "Action Zone," past the lovely ladies wishing me a "Happy First Day!" They were so cute. I pick up my schedule for the day and discover that Wonderland does things a bit weird.

Each hour, you rotate to a new area. For a 2-9 shift, I had a 45 minute break and would have worked 6 different areas. Instead, I was put on RTC duty all day, which is pushing the trash cart around. At Wonderland, they literally wanted me to push that cart for 7 hours straight. Completely unnecessary, but someone was missing so I took over their sections AND my trash run.

The park closed at 8pm, so around 7 we started the final trash run, only to discover that basically none of the other cast members were in their areas, and one had even left. We ended our night with three employees, which meant we were way behind and it was extremely frustrating.

This week, I went to Ottawa with my Grandma and sister, as we were driving her up to her place in Ottawa. She made us pasta, and we hung out with her, and then Grandma and I took the scenic Highway 7 back to Toronto. It was fun.

Work tonight! And a complicated bus/walk home. Stupid 11pm ending.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment